Thursday, January 13, 2011

How To Clean Stains On Cookiesheets

night forays or when the Colonel with the doctor ... (FF-Challenge) (SGA)

I will be back at the Fanfiction Challenge in SG-P part.
was given me this nice little story but also a quiet one:


night forays or when the colonel with the doctor ...

Series: SGA
Genre: Gen, Humor Rating
. PG
character Sheppard, McKay, Beckett ... the usual Atlantis personnel. No OC!

Content: Rodney is by searching for a way for the return of Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy in the stress and leaves hardly his laboratory.
John wants something distracted him from work and persuaded him to an outing.
Whether that is good? ...

Note: My first (second, when the Christmas Challenge counts) contribute to the FF Challenge. This is a quieter story, there are therefore no action or murder and mayhem follow * lol *. I also hope to have made mistakes in the search for the city of San Francisco also hope that you like it.



Although John would have been a few weeks to take it easy and loose, it was still standing at the crack of dawn to enjoy to this spectacular sight every day ...


seemed slow, the full moon in the depth of the horizon to appear to give rise the sun for their place. But the moment was to identify a single gray wall. But the fog slowly cleared and had occasionally shine through the upper ends of the two over two hundred and twenty-meter high pylons of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Some days the fog withdrew rather quickly, but there were days when the afternoon still disguised this gray, flickering somewhat the view of the city.
Today, however, it had just two Hours needed, until a clear blue sky, a reddish-orange Golden Gate Bridge and even a few trees of Golden Gate Park, next to many other famous and less famous buildings and landmarks of San Francisco could be admired.

John stretched and stretched himself comfortably, settled for a time by the sun's warm rays, and occasionally still awake tickle before he withdrew to the bathroom and get ready for the last day of his service this week made.
much work he had had since the arrival of Atlantis on the ground only at the beginning. But now he only stayed still sporadic inspections, reports the Star Gate Centre, some training sessions with his men, and besides, he is also tormented by the stale reports gathered already in several piles on his desk and eagerly for errands and regard to waiting.

The day passed in spite of the bureaucratic paper-war and talk really fast, and so it happened that he walked out of boredom through the corridors and rooms of Atlantis. But John did not have a specific goal. Somewhere he would end up or even with a little luck would be a Task-related.

"I tell you, this does not work," repeated Radek Zelenka, wondering just why he was still trying to get Rodney McKay from his purpose.
But it was in vain.
since Weeks spent lead researcher almost all the time in his laboratory, leaving a simulation run after another. Always with
The same result.
simulation failed.
"Yes, yes, yes, Radek! You have said the last time. "
" And obviously you do not listen to me, "Zelenka said, exasperated.
"Why should I? You have probably forgotten who you are talking about. "
" No, I did not. Nor, as I forgot that you already have a computer on his conscience. With your incessant calculations and simulations to create any computer. You also need a break themselves. I can understand anyway that Dr. Keller has not already forced you to rest. "
" They understand things do not, Radek. This is also the reason that I am the chief scientist and you do not ... and it probably never will be with your whining and your pessimism. "
Radek rolled his eyes unnerved. The constant Tips and taunts of his superiors, he was already accustomed to, even if he came over here and there, very hurtful. But McKay seemed since the arrival of Atlantis on Earth, the search for a way for a quick return to the Pegasus galaxy to really push to the extreme. It was hardly a living with it.
"So ... that's Colonel Sheppard, you tell him he should stop. I ... I can not anymore. I'm so close again about to lose the will to live! "

with folded arms had been John Sheppard few minutes in the doorway the main laboratory stood and listened to the discussion of the two men. He, too, the over-enthusiasm and the almost obsessive search for a way back for the Canadian, the city had not escaped. Besides the fact that he had heard even in the morning at breakfast the first chance conversation between Rodney and Jennifer with and later witnessed Jennifer Kummer, as these are more or less at a friend ausweinte how little time Rodney spent with her.
But although John still not fully understood what the two together were, it made him worry that between the pair probably not as seemed to be going well.
It was clear. Rodney was just too much stress and sat down under too much pressure. It was time for a distraction, he needed a break.

a smile pushed away from the soldier at the doorway and walked over to Rodney and Radek.
"If we do not let it come, Radek. When was the last time something eaten, Rodney? "
" This morning. And then this afternoon ... I think ... "John looked questioningly
Radek, but he just shook his head, which apparently escaped Rodney.
"... yes, I'm sure of it. Because I know even that there was Salisbury steak and there is every Wednesday, "Rodney said, without letting his gaze wander here and only once from the screen.
"Today is Friday," said the Czech.
"Okay, that's enough. Now is closing time. Turn off the computer, McKay. The calculations have not run away, "said Sheppard, noting how his concern grew. A McKay
the time did not eat anything? This was already extremely rare and then only when the situation or the problem was serious. But
now ... "No, I can not. I'm so close. "
" You will still be true tomorrow. off come off, and "John was in a slightly commanding tone of himself and made clear that he would not give up easily.
But Rodney wanted to give as little as he thought he had finally found the solution.
"No, no ... no, no. Not now, Sheppard. You see, if I remove that variable ... something that alters and adjusting, I can add it in and it works! "
" Is I do not care! You can also do more another time. Do ne `short note, and finally is day."
"No, no, no notice! Only a moment - then I have it "
" The last time, you have said and then fell out of the computer!. Stand out for the morning and have mercy on you. Treat yourself and your computer a break before this and I also scrap still throw myself out the window, "Radek formally pleaded, as he possessed an almost Rodney McKay saw wild pound on the keyboard.
"Rodney!" Sheppard warned, while Radek stared transfixed by the monitor, something caught his attention.
"Stop! Listen to it instantly! The system is collapsing! "
" Pah! ... The system collapses ... I ask you, Radek! This simple calculation but it will probably still ... oh no. "
Rodney was wrong.
A short beep, beeping and the image on the monitor began to flicker before it was completely black. A relatively faint clicking noise, a small jet of flame and smoke, which appeared in the ventilation of the small computer testified, final, Death of the computer.
"That should not be true!"
McKay stared in disbelief at the very painful dead computer while Radek and Sheppard initially looked rather quiet the still smoking something and then procured by Armwedeln fresh air .
"Well ... like I said ... a day!" John said between coughs some missions.
"Yes, thank God. The only pity is that another computer had squashed too, by ... gerademal fifty-two hours continuous use, "agreed to the Czech.
"The is ... well ... that's nice. I have the key variables in your head. I can quickly calculate a new computer. Fortunately, I have previously copied the relevant program yet, so no time is lost, "said the Canadian and wanted to go forward to the search for a new laptop, as John once again intervened.
"No, I have just been told that it's enough for today. Here ... "
John is a small piece of paper was at hand and presented it with a ballpoint pen to Rodney.
"... note the new variable and then we disappear. "
" I can not disappear. I'm not finished, and also so many other projects waiting for me. Since we are back on earth ... there is the Air Force and the Star Gate Centre, the ever the latest findings and research results, projects ... and what about the IOA? Which are found almost every day on the mat and want to see something. "
" Then they should just stand and wait. Rodney, it's Friday night, we have just before six. You have not eaten for at least two days of nothing ... "
" But this morning! "
"Three cups of coffee do not count as a meal. Just as the other nine, you have throughout the day. "
" I can not stop now, John. I'm so close to it to find a way in which we come back. Teyla and Ronon rely on me! Now I can not give up Sun Teyla wants to return to her son, and Canaan and Ronon ... "
" Rodney ... nobody asked you that you give up. And it requires even more so, nobody expects you to let off steam to total exhaustion and a computer here after the other can burn through. Teyla knows that you are committed to all of us as quickly as possible to bring back. But she is not ready for you to sacrifice your health and your relationship with Jennifer. And Ronon has a lot to do with Amelia ... and discover. Make a trip to the other. Something you do with Jennifer, also, instead of barrikadieren here. Also ... note the variables that go into your neighborhood, you can freshen up and drag around, we go out, "John said succinctly, leaving the scientists to rebel much time and space around.
Yes But ... what about Jennifer? You said just saying that ... "
" Everything under control, Rodney. Los note, and move, hop, hop "

It took a few minutes and took several attempts, in which Radek John and Rodney had to convince them to forget the work and finally to leave the laboratory. But just after the hour was the military commander and the senior scientists arrived in a small cozy restaurant in San Francisco and then studied the menu.
"I can not believe I've let you into it. There may a good his idea, time to switch, but I was not with Jennifer ... I mean, I should be together with Jennifer ...", Rodney was crestfallen to see without, however, too high off the menu.
"Do not worry Rodney. I said, it is all clear. "
" Resolved? Jennifer I will bite your head off when she finds out. All the while preaching to me that I should even be the work and let go with her to her father or to visit my sister and now that I let the work be really, I'm sitting here with you ... Not that I'm not to damage the ; down know what you're doing or that I'm uncomfortable ... .. with you .. I mean ... "
" Let's be good, McKay. She knows. "
" You ... What? "
" This morning, I overheard you have to talk to Jennifer. She worries about you ... We all do this, so I've been thinking what and Jennifer agreed. However ... "
" Oh I knew it! Now comes the rub. "
" No catch, more of a way. "
"Of course! And what I must in return inhuman feat to accomplish that? "
John rolled his eyes amused, shaking his head almost imperceptibly.
"I promised Jenny that you take her tomorrow to visit her father and the day after Jeanie. Forget about time for two days work and unwind. Your calculations you are already running away. "
" No, but I run the IOA and the ... "
Rodney looked around searchingly before he spoke in a whisper.
"... after Stargate-Center."
"McKay, also know that not results and progress can be achieved in a day. They also should become familiar with what they have been fun. The wormhole drive is `ne pretty tough nut. Thus, the months will be busy and we can all switch off for now. We are back on earth ... that we should exploit, "said John, and had also reduced its volume slightly.
"Yes ... Yes you are right. But ... I have a feeling Teyla and Ronon that I am guilty. They have voluntarily agreed to us in defending the earth against Wraith to help and now they are stuck here. It is probably the least if I as soon as possible find a way to bring them back home. "
" Rodney ... Teyla and Ronon could always fly back to the Daedalus or Apollo. But even enjoy a few days on earth. So, stop nagging and think about the work and look better instead of something from the map. "
" Ha, days? We have been Weeks here and I'm not a bit further progress. The energy of the ZPMs sufficient neither for the hyperdrive still the wormhole drive. But if I get these calculations done ... "
" Now is the end, McKay. From today until Monday no calculations, hyperdrive, worm holes or other more. I will not hear a word about it. You relax a little, bring the between himself and Jennifer back in order and on Monday we listen once in the Stargate Center to what it looks like the search for new ZPMs. SG-1 goes some entries from the Ancient database for and I can imagine that they will even find it. Then the calculations were in the worst case, due and the remaining computer spared. Got it? "
" Yes, yes, yes, "moaned give McKay and went back to the menu. was served

up the ordered food, the two men were embroiled in endless discussions about God and the world. Meanwhile, Rodney had finally understood that he urgently needed rest. In all of what had happened lately, however, and the work in which he invested his time for weeks, it required even more than a casual relaxed Trip to the metropolitan city of San Francisco.
The food was almost finished when the conversation towards the past and their school, university or went-training period.
Both Rodney and John told each other anecdotes from their education that started with relatively harmless pranks on teachers and teachers, led to the usual enthusiasms for classmates and unfair awarding marks, imaginary and u ; berfordert acting professors in the universities and abrasive, hard-hitting instructor in the military ended.
both laughed, and seemed at least for this evening their forget work, the stress and the pressure of recent weeks and may finally be decided jointly to cancel the next visit to a nice little bar, as John had a better idea.

"Yes okay ...", agreed to McKay.
"... I may be just right. As I know you, it probably would have been anyway a strip bar. "
" strip bar? What makes you say something now? "
" Oh come on! As if you had not thought of that ... you know we finally never. "
" They seriously believe I was going to strip bars? How do you say that? "
" Well ... They are not related, were never married ... "
John looked at his opposite durschaute Ernst and his plan to get him to talk.
wanted to first mention John, but then he realized that Rodney would probably not give up so quickly and he himself would eventually be responsible if by his persistent silence about his private life a difference of opinion, maybe even a break dispute would. After all, Rodney seemed to be more relaxed and had himself quite a few talks about himself and John had perhaps already too long concealed everything.
"You know very well that this is not true, McKay."
"So you were really married again?"
"Now come on. This is in my file that you have read it, "said John.
"How do you know?"
"Because I know you, McKay. They have seen before the start of the expedition the files of most expedition members. I have in the . ... Moreover, even though sometimes a little later "
caught first in silence and nodded slightly McKay, before he timidly asked,
" Why ... why you have never talked about it? I mean, divorce is not something bad. Well, okay ... on ... true for the victims, but ... something is but also in the best families, right? "
John waited some time before the operation the next order of drinks for had taken two and brought before the short term and then decided, Rodney to answer questions.
"I have never mentioned it for many reasons, Rodney. Firstly, it has at the time when we went to Atlantis still sitting pretty, on the other hand it is very private ... and then you asked me before, "it came with a mischievous smile from John.
"What went wrong ?...", hooked after Rodney.
"... different ideas and expectations?"
"Yes, one could call it. Basically we had the same ideas, expectations and desires, but I was there some more ... and that made off with the other somehow not agree. "
" The flying? "
John nodded, but he no longer spoke.
is "complicated, huh?
nodded again John and Rodney knew in that moment that John would not talk about it. Not because he simply did not want to, but because it seemed obvious to employ him after all these years still.
"What about you?"
"With me?"
"Yes ... just why Jennifer?"
"What?"
"Why Jennifer? I mean, well okay, it is an attractive, intelligent woman as a doctor and she also has a lot on the box, but ... what about Katie Brown? They wanted to make a request. What happened? "
" Oh, that's ... that `a long story."
"You blew it," John concluded with a grin.
"And how ... The application has not even taken place. But I think it had to be the case. You see, Katie is ... ... was a great woman. She was intelligent, had humor and also looked good, but it would have either way does not work. I think when I was just too much ... I do not like to call it. Exhausting ?..."
questioning, he looked at John, but he said nothing.
"... as the quarantine time incorrectly set in and we were stuck everywhere, I had a lot of time to think and came to the conclusion that I still needed some time for me."
"Oh," groaned John and grimaced.
"Yes, the relationship killer par excellence. I know. I have in the meantime already experienced. But the fact is that basically I was right. I've really taken time for me and I just had to take some security changes. I mean, before, or not? "
again saw the scientist to the soldier, who had to agree this time with a corresponding expression.
Rodney had in recent years have been really some transformations. He had become quieter, more humble, cautious, and he also showed more interest, sensitivity and respect to others concerned, in particular. He had become much more sociable. But the most significant changes he made in last year, and John knew that it was Jennifer's influence.
had "taken place, these changes during a relationship with Katie, her life would have been one hell and I would probably not ... that they had not earned. Jennifer on the other hand has shown me my mistakes and kept. Not that Katie would have done, but Jennifer has shown me rather, that it is still better. That's so much more in me and that I put be satisfied with the simple things can. It is like a part of me that I've missed all the time. Unnoticed missed mind you. Also ... I'm on blondes. "
John and Rodney laughed, and John noticed that Rodney talkative after a glass of wine was. As far as he was otherwise not in a whole year about himself. At least not that was very private and really went on in him and John knew that he himself would now probably more talk than once out of school.


After a few cocktails, McKay would definitely try it once and mineral water for John, because he still had to drive a car, left the restaurant and equipped a small gas station a visit to John so that some could get drinks and snacks. Thus, John was on the safe side, if McKay would begin during the trip with hunger feelings and resulting quibbles. For while Rodney tried everything to find out where they would go next, John told only that the trip would take longer.

A beautiful leisurely drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, at night with their lights on their behalf made all honor, provided them with reverent silence the two men. John did not stay long on the Redwood Highway and turned very quickly from the Shoreline Highway. Then followed a few branches to smaller and less traveled streets, and you was the final stop. Rodney
For the time passed by quickly because it was during the trip but eigenickt really short. John had to smile when he noticed it, but he also was careful not to wake him, for he knew that his friend had to run out really hard and the alcohol had done to his Rest.

As John parked the car, woke up and Rodney looked around curiously.
"Are we about there yet?"
"Yes."
"Okay ... and where are we?"
again showed John a real mischievous grin and got out. Only the car lights he had.
"You'll be surprised. I promise you will like it, "John said in a nutshell when he went to the trunk.
Rodney's confusion was complete when John had three blankets in his hand and himself with a flashlight and a picnic basket set in motion.
"Where are we here?" Rodney repeated and followed the soldiers at every turn.
"An a beautiful place! Beware when they come out, "replied John, but Rodney's pitch to the warning came a little late because he got caught in a grass plant, then waved and waved his arms wildly, until he the balance had again. Cursing, he joined John again.
"Everything okay?"
"Yes, but you can not pronounce this warning before?"
John grinned.
"Come McKay, stay behind me. We're almost there. "
" Where are we now? "Did it again know of the scientists and made by a corresponding key, that his patience was being stretched badly.
"Hear it not?"
Rodney listened.
"I hear something like ocean waves ... a couple of crickets that chirp and apart from that it is freezing cold, but I still have no idea where we are."
"Piont Reyes," replied John concise and very well-lit path.
"Point Reyes?" Marveled the Canadians and nearly tripped a second time on something that he would rather not know what it was.
"How did you come up with this idea?"
"No idea came to me just like that in mind. Like's not you? "
" I can not answer, it is stockduster! We see the car lights so any more. "
" The car lights are still to be seen quite well. Not long now, we're almost there. "
" You have been saying for an eternity. "
" Do not overdo it. "
Rodney is every bit back further comment, as she shortly afterwards are a cliff to come. Indeed
now it seemed even a little brighter, than all the way from the car to here.
Rodney knew that it could be only the moon and its reflection on the sea between them and the illuminated Golden Gate Bridge, which was partially tiny and miles away to see or barely so. The lighthouse in the opposite direction was seen well, but also far away.

fresh, cool and salty sea air blowing them around the nose, when John turned off the picnic basket, and with Rodney jointly took out a few lanterns and prevent the same time blow the laid on the soil surface from it.
The surf beat softly, almost in a steady beat against the high steep wall of cliffs, while the stars in the night sky shone clear and sparkling, and the two could believe for a moment to be back on one of the piers of Atlantis.
went back a few hours in which John just drank a beer from the six-pack that he had bought at the gas station, while Rodney already opened the second box. Again they fell
a conversation topic to the next. But at some point both silent in front of him, until John felt a vague inner pressure and it finally gave way.
"They wanted no children. "
" Hm? "
" My ex-wife. She wanted no children. She had ... just a place in the office of the constitutional protection started and did everything possible to stay there, or rather, come too quickly. ... And I was constantly on the go. "
" But you wanted children? "
John nodded slowly.
"They would have thrown for your job?"
"I do not think ... so. I had thought about it, but Nancy had always categorically rejected. At least for the next few years and she always pushed the ground in silence listened to me and my work ... "
Rodney and started her own thoughts. It was the first time that John spoke so openly about his past.
"... she always said that I would be wishing to make any further commitments because I was always somewhere in secret missions. And when I told her that I think about it, look at me a different post, it said only that it was just talk yet and I never change me would you understand? But basically it was the one who thought ... So I know what's. She was too engrossed in their work and I have ... then made easily and was constantly asked where else. "
Rodney nodded.
Had "can really give yourself to another item? I mean, if she had children but want to have? "
Only briefly did John think before he himself was safe.
"Yes ... yes I would. I had even made inquiries and inquiries sought ... Then came the next Use and I had her and I swore that after this final conclusion is. And as for children, as I would have perhaps been able to convince, but when I came back home ... they had already filed for divorce. It was over ... "
Again John was silent for a moment and Rodney did not really know what to say.
"And for my father, I was again to blame and have once again screwed up, even more so as this thing happened in Afghanistan ..."
"You have not understood well with your parents?" Concluded Rodney.
"Actually, yes, at least until I start school. From there it was always to be the best and to be at the forefront. And alas it was not what my father wanted it. There was nothing that he controlled or not what he is not certain. My mother was the only one that had somehow understood me ... and ... let me just go on and supported me no matter what it was. Even when I'm looking for another college, as what my father chose decided. She was always there for me, even if they ventured to argue with my father ... "
" They have to get a divorce? "
" No ... no. They were very loved, even if they have quarreled. Divorce was never an issue between them. No, my mother had an accident when I was seventeen. A truck driver has to see the traffic light and is purely driven in their car. She has not made it. She was ... she was hurt too heavy ... "
croaking and painstakingly brought John out the words. He felt like he was being threatened him and those memories to move back into this dark and cold world full of pain and grief. But a hand that lay on his shoulder, drew him back back and gave him the security and clarity.

betrayed After both John and Rodney were wrapped in blankets, it was not long before Rodney more about himself and his family. He had also taken with his parents a bad lot. No matter what it was, it was given him for all the debt. Even the parents' divorce was played on Rodney's back, which John could not understand for the life.
There was no single moment that John believed that his tales were told, or that he would overdo it. But he knew too well the scientists and also he could see that these events in him still churned.


John and Rodney had now arrived back in Atlantis and very tipsy strolled through the aisles. Your little walk through the corridors of the city was accompanied by silly giggle, alternating with loud laughter and lurching transition.
One thing was for the two: The night was far from over, because John was in his refrigerator one more six-pack of beer, other drinks and good wine and was able to persuade Rodney, with him to go to one of the piers and the wonderful view to enjoy on the night of San Francisco and its world-famous bridge.


The morning, however, was far less pleasant and nice.
For the first time since the arrival of Atlantis on the earth and landing in front of the bay from San Francisco, John had the sunrise and the spectacle of the slow disappearance of the missing for this metropolis known nebula.
What would mainly lay on the night of drinking and the resulting hangover. Groaning, John
turned around, as it the first rays of the face appeared, but every little movement caused an almost unbearable drilling, hammering, pulling and exploding in his skull so that he felt he had to stay in bed for the day paralyzed in bed.
For another hour he fell asleep again, before nature called relentlessly and forced him to moan and curse under even greater drag on into the bathroom.
As the light was too bright and painful in his eyes and his head, John fumbled literally flying blind, with closed eyes around on his pants before he noticed that he had slept in his clothes apparently.
As much as he tried, he could at best Sake, do not explain how he had managed in his quarters. He knew only that he and Rodney had the greatest difficulty not to plunge from the pier into the sea. Nor was the way to Rodney's quarters any longer and difficult than he had in mind. But then he remembered how he managed to bed Rodney, he took off his shoes and a matter of almost flew across his quarters when he wanted to help him with a "kick". That was simple lace-ups and no boots, found the two at this time probably quite amusing.
After he had obtained relief, the first doubt exert on him. Perhaps he had not even landed in his quarters, but was still at Rodney or a guest quarters. Much worse, he could be in one's district, in which he had no business at all.
But no sooner had John in his haste open the bathroom door again and stretched his head out into the neighborhood, a single ray of sunlight hit him so suddenly and glaring in his face that he was blinded.
"Oh damn!"
The pain in his eyes caused him to stagger backwards immediately. Straight to the point the bathtub, where he bumped his foot, lost his balance and fell backwards pure.
"Ahh! ... Damn it! Aooww ... "Did it
groaning from John, who did not know at what aching body should take it first. His foot, which he had initiated at the lower tub feet, or his back, which was starting to feel the edge of the pool, or his head was slammed into the wall? Also set out his right elbow felt, from the exceptionally he did not know where he had struck him. Some times
breathed John and out deeply, staring through his legs stretched into the air through the wall and waited until the pain subsided gradually. He had broken, fortunately nothing that he could now find it himself.
moaning again and even louder cursing, he fought his way out of its more than ridiculous position in the tub out and checked his battered limbs. Blood he could find none, not even to his head, but it would create some nice bruises and the Bulge, which began to form already, would not without. Shaking his head
He leaned down at the sink and looked in the mirror.
"Oh God ....", He escaped when he saw his reflection.
"... so what ... I do not know you, but I still shave you."


"And do you really want to help me aspirin to get rid of this murderous headache?", Thundered McKay.
But the Scottish doctor remained calm and smiled to himself.
"Not entirely, no. But I know there a way that really ever works. "
" Really? "
„Ja,…nicht zu viel trinken! Dann bekommen Sie garantiert keinen Kater.“
Rodney verdrehte die Augen und kassierte sogleich heftige Kopfschmerzen.
„Ich sage ihnen Carson, Aspirin helfen mir nicht. Ich brauch da schon ein wenig mehr und abgesehen davon sollten Sie mal nach den Elektrolyten sehen. Die leiden nämlich als erstes, bei… Alkoholkonsum.“
„Ich bin sicher Ihren Elektrolyten geht es hervorragend, Rodney. Eine einzige Nacht dieser Art…richtet keinen allzu großen Schaden an…was man von Ihnen offensichtlich nicht behaupten kann, Colonel“, antwortete Carson and looked searchingly about John, the lame walked into the infirmary.
"Oh, is that bad. I've posted only a few bones. "
" No wonder, on this trip, "Beckett said, looking between Rodney and John back and forth.
"tour hits the nail on the head almost" too short, loud, was John.
"What happened?"
"Not so important, Doc. Just give me `ne aspirin and an ice pack and then you get rid of me." Shaking his head
Carson turned around, took one of the blue cooling Gel pad from the refrigerator and handed it along with some painkillers his latest patient. But as John himself held the ice pack on the back of the head instead of his foot, the doctor was suspicious.
"Wait a minute ... now get away with it. What happened? "
" I said yes, it is not so bad. "
" You left me ... my goodness! That is sometimes a bump ... "marveled Carson, John by surprise when he and the ice pack to the side thrust.
"... What have you done for brought? "
" was dazzled, I have initiated the foot and I ... fell into the tub .... "
" Blinded ... aha. From what? From your mirror image? "Came from Rodney subtle.
"You look not just better!" John was a bit louder about himself and winced through a roaring pain. But Rodney stepped back and held his head.
"Not so loud!"
Carson laughed, shaking his head.
"My goodness! A few beers, some wine and some cocktails and the senior military commander and the senior scientists end up together on the hospital ... with a hangover ... I have two alcohol corpses! An image of the gods, "said Carson, and saw John and Rodney, who sat in a heap next to each other on a couch, with a grin.
"It amuses you, huh?"
"No, what amuses me, was the rocking motion that you have accomplished both last night through the corridors of the city."
"How do You know? You waren ja nicht dabei! Außerdem war es gar nicht so schlimm.“
„Ja, und ich habe mir den Wein und die Cocktails ohnehin verkniffen. Ich musste schließlich noch den Wagen fahren“, verteidigte sich John.
„Ich habe Sie beide gesehen, wie Sie krampfhaft versucht haben, die Spur zu halten und Ihre Quartiere zu finden. Während Sie, Rodney, nach links wollten, irrten Sie, John, nach rechts. Wollten Sie dagegen nach rechts, stolperte John nach links. Und wenn Sie gerade ausgehen wollten, landeten Sie beide meist auf dem Hintern und haben alles versucht, das restliche Starkbier, als ob normales nicht schon ausreichte, zu retten. Dass Sie heil ankamen, and this morning should have happened, I'm surprised so much, "said Carson, pointing to John's head and ankles.
"Very funny, really. You have not this pain! "Suggested McKay on again.
"Hello?", John mixed in and directed attention to his battered limbs, after which the two winced again by the volume.
"Yes ... I am lucky! But I'm sure I'll have two hours to give blood samples would have the entire staff of Atlantis with the alcohol level in your blood is a company party can hold. And now you take your aspirin and watch that you get to Jennifer. She has already packed ready and waiting for you. "
Grumbling McKay grabbed the pills and left the hospital, not without throwing before have a look at John and thanked him for yesterday's trip and the distraction to him in why did fall very well done and had to thank.

John settled on the safety nor the remaining bones and maltreated bodies investigate and connect the foot and then went back to his quarters. Quick
he had out his cell phone that was in the last few years never in use, fished and makes a call. After that, he had packed in a murder rate a small travel bag and proceeded to log off at Woolsey and leave the city again. The fresh air, could enjoy it, as he returned the car, helped his little cat on the jumps and had the headaches are a bit weaker.


The taxi drove the long driveway, and after John paid the fare, and the driver, gave a generous tip, had he stood in front of the huge property and slid his eyes over it. For too long, he had not been here and yet had not changed anything.
"John ..." a voice called to him, whereupon he turned around abruptly and again conceded a headache. Not to mention his ankle and his back completely.
"... that was fast! Come on inside. "
" Hi Dave, "John said and followed his brother into the house limping.

"The intervention must have been yes. You see taken out, "observed Dave, while John slowly and painfully sat down on the couch.
"No, no use. ... Only a small accident in the bathroom, "admitted John.
"accident .. soso. Do you want a beer or scotch or ... "
" Oh, just do not, "moaned John.
"... Have you not a soda or water for me? Or even better coffee! "
" Ah! Therefore, the wind blows clear .... Coffee is still there. Distributes the remaining guaranteed hangover. "
John just nodded and waited for his younger brother, who came back with two cups of coffee.
"So, how long can you stay?"
"Unfortunately, I stand at eight on Monday again on the mat."
"I do not suppose that you could tell me where exactly is this mat?"
Although John for a minute moment thought of telling his brother the truth, maybe even show, he replied with an icy, negative view.
"I see ... okay. Then tell me at least, how did your cat, "asked Dave this time and earned a not quite first-intentioned reproachful gaze of his brother.
"Have helped a friend."
"Helped? In which you are a few brain cells to drown? "
" Oh, I think the brain cells of Rodney are more valuable, "says John, and ran his hand over his face and hair before he got up and took off his jacket.
"Rodney ... aha. It was always definitely something. Who is this Rodney? "
" A civilian employees ... scientists. "
John's answers were compared to Dave's questions are rather short and he even had to concentrate very hard, but not to divulge anything on his still hazy understood not so simple.
course he could understand Dave's desire to know more, and understand well, but he had long pondered about for him to apply for information sharing. This was certainly aware of him when his phone rang.
"Sorry," he interrupted his brother and took the call.
"Sheppard ... ... sure, Sir ?..... I understand, sir ... no sir ... ... .. yes sir, I care ... Thank you. Goodbye, sir. "
" Bad news? "Asked Dave and looked like John grimaced. And yet a certain joy was in the eyes of his brother.
"Not necessarily," said John began and a small text message to tap into his phone.
"You have to disappear, right?"
Dave's voice sounded resigned and disappointed.
"No ... but there is a small change of plan. I ... I could go a few Nigh stay longer ... If you want me here ... "
Dave's disappointed face turned into a joyous smile.

The headaches were almost gone, as Rodney had arrived with Jennifer with her father. The man was delighted with the visit of his daughter and had Rodney greeted with exuberant joy. Now the three were sitting
together in the dining room and talked excitedly, as Rodney's mobile phone beeped shortly. He quickly apologized and read the curious text message.

-Mitchell and his team have found awaited treasure. Calculations are not necessary. Extended leave until Wednesday 0800th Start scheduled for Sunday. Note to Jennifer and Jeanie. J. Sheppard -


The End?...

0 comments:

Post a Comment