Thursday, January 20, 2011

Retirement Cakes Measurements

SGA: Convergence - Chapter 13

Review:

None of his limbs refused to obey him more. Still standing He motionless at the table, staring at the dark screen after the third shot was over. His gaze wandered about with tremendous speed, remained liable to any particular point.
"His mother must not know about it. They must never learn of it! It would ... they ... they will not cope. "

It had lasted a little while, until Patrick and Dave again had somewhat under control and returned to their usual focus and acting aloof mien. Carson and Daniel had, however, the flip side, the emotional side of the two men met. But none of them magnified it or thought about hanging it from the rooftops to do. Only the doctors in Carson still worried about the colonel's father.
"I think a little fresh air could you now do quite well."
"And maybe a little check," Patrick said softly, looking meaningfully to the doctor, who understood immediately.
"Do you have any complaints?" Asked Carson to fast.
"I will not say that there are complaints, or that it is my heart. It feels like ... not like when I had this heart attack. But there is something. I just want to be sure that I will not again in the next few minutes lying on the floor. Because I do not think I will come back again just like it. "
" Probably not ... "said Carson, smiling.
"... They're coming. I see this out, "Beckett said, and steered father and son from the morgue.
"Just to make sure, Doctor ... my wife should really learn nothing from all this."
"You can count on, Mr. Sheppard. You know, I could not really say anything. I'm just wondering ... what about John. "
" What do you mean? "
" Forgive me ... it is in effect, to pry, but ... I have the impression that it is between you and your son probably still are always some difficulties. I do not know if these pictures can help just now, to cope with them. "
" Probably not, "Patrick replied thoughtfully, while he was with Dave Carson and Daniel return to the main tower went.


Woolsey Office


"Very well. As this is now solved, I would like to know what about my daughter and what happened during my absence, that they are now so behave. It's more than ... strange. Such behavior has not shown she never "demanded Tristanius know.
"During your absence, nothing has happened. In any event, nothing that would be responsible for this behavior, but ... I have an idea what could be with her ... "John began to explain.
"... we suspect that their ability to sense the feelings of others, was now fully pronounced. Prior to the isolation room she felt her brother ... and most likely you and ... that was probably too much for her. We suspect that they are now almost everyone can feel in the city. "
" Whom do you mean by we? "
" Your wife, my mother and I .... "
" What did your mother to do with it? "protested Richard.
"I to ask them for help. She was ... is, however, psychologist, psychological psychotherapist. I thought it can not hurt if we get somebody else on board, to address what the attacks and skills. It could perhaps help Alex to get to grips with this empathy, because right now it seems to her to not to go very well. "
" She is not good and as you leave them alone? "
"Of course not! Your wife and my mother are with her. "
" Where is she? "
" Up in the jumper bay. In their workshop, in their little battle ... hunter ... or what should be there, "John answered quickly. This information ranged from
Tristanius and he was in a rush on the way to jumper bay.
"war fighters" asked curious to John Woolsey addressed, could only helplessly shrug their shoulders.
With difficulty, they tried to obtain the most ancient.


jumper bay

"Alexa, but please listen to clean up with. Better come with me to the hospital. I have to look more closely at what goes into your head on, " Elisha asked about her daughter and saw clear to the hustle.
Even Carol looked at the young woman concerned. Not long ago she had sat listlessly in the corner and reacted excitedly to anything or anyone and now she was really nervous and overly active. They indulged in not a single minute rest.
"I can not, Ma. I need to clean up first. View the looks but at times, here it is as if ... "
" You can do well later. Now ... what are you doing now? "She asked as she saw Alexa tried a cable that had been involved at the front landing gear of their small hunter to solve. She pulled and pushed on the cable, but it was not dissolved. In desperation, they even tried to lift the aircraft. But their power was far from not getting the machine even a millimeter.
looked anxiously at Elisha and Carol.
Alexa did not give up. She wanted to lift the machine necessarily, but in the middle of their effort, they stopped and stared into the void.
"Alexa? ... What do you have?"
"Pa ..."
"What?"
But still ask before Elisha was able to continue to open the doors of the van and Tristanius, Richard and John came out.
"What happened here?" Asked the General shocked when he saw the chaos.
Alexa declined, however, and increased the distance between herself and her father.
"What ... what is that? What does this mean? ", He wanted to know his daughter before he saw his wife zustürmen up.
Tristan please ... You have to reassure you. It is currently not in a good condition. She feels now almost everyone in the city. Up special. You must own your anger and your rage restrain something. "
" What are you talking about? I'm not angry or upset "
Elisha met his statement with a doubting face, whereupon the father rolled his eyes.
"I was pretty well under control. Also ... I could never do something to her but "
" Of course not. But look around once more. It has ravaged the entire workshop, and even the fighter is damaged and that only because they just now their Brother and had felt you. Your emotions are somehow transmitted to her and she has been omitted here. She can not control, so it is even more important that we have under control. "
was the father, the words of his wife once again go through the head and breathed deeply several times and out.
"How do we go from now? What should we do? ... What ... What can I do? "
" I want to examine her, but she is like obsessed with trying to clean up here. She even tried to raise the Fighter, despite knowing full well that this weight they never would create. Help me to bring her to the infirmary, then we'll see. "
Tristanius nodded slowly and began to approach his daughter.
"Alexa ... I ... that you have my emotions so scared before, I did not know and certainly not intentional. I can imagine that it all very unpleasant for you to be. I want you to come with us to the hospital, so that your mother you can investigate. "
" I do not want ... "
" What are you not? "
" All feel what others feel. "
" I know ... come with me. We will find something that helps you, I promise, "asked the father and held out his hand as he walked further on his daughter.

John and Richard were surprised again by the sudden relaxation of the general. Very quiet, caring and downright calm he spoke to his daughter. It was amazing how quickly the man had his emotions under control. Almost as if a switch was moved.

Alexa realized that they had reached the wall and could not further.
Tristanius remained some Meters in front of her, but he saw her still looking for a way to keep as much distance between herself and her father.
"I know you just me again ... You will feel it anyway. Whether I am in your neighborhood or spacers. But you also know that I could never do anything to you ... I am not angry ... or applied. You feel that, right? "
Undecided remained Alexa stand, did not really know what they should do now, but she felt that her father really was not angry. However, there were still plenty of other emotions could see them.
"There's so much ... too much ..."
"I know you, kid ... Come with us. Let you treat your mother's arm injury and examine you. We'll think of something, we get the fix. "
" Listen to your father, Alexa. Let us find out what her head and we are looking for a way you can control everything, "now also agreed with John.
"I do not want ! Control I want to get rid of it, "shouted back, and registered only now that John and Woolsey were back.
"Then come with me. Give us the opportunity to help you. "
hesitantly but finally yielding but she let her father closer to him, and left there to even said that he then led out by the arm.


hospital

Carson took a deep breath and let his gaze slide again on the results of the scans and rapid blood tests.
But he found no reason for the current condition of Sheppard Senior. At least not physically.
"Well, I can no matter how often you scan and remove your blood ... you are healthy."
"And my heart? I mean ... I had a heart attack at that time. Should I not be there for sure, or ...? "
" Mr. Sheppard, according to the scans are the heart and circulatory system in top form. I can absolutely see nothing that suggests that they ever had a heart attack, or at risk of suffering another ... "
Patrick's confused facial expression said for the doctor real volumes. Beckett was therefore very glad that the rest of the medical records and autopsy reports of Carol and Patrick Sheppard on their arrival in the city were equally skilled with.
"... I will not deny that you ever had a heart attack. After all, this is also ... on your death certificate. But as we know from Dr. Jackson, it may be very possible that after your climb and your return, your physical condition and health fully restored. I think that what they feel at the moment could be more psychosomatic nature. What is not surprising, after all that you have ever experienced, seen and experienced is now. "
Patrick's confusion gradually made an understandable nod and place another thought.
"That would be for my wife is waiting. You need to know it is a psychotherapist and she has always had the urge all our mental life to be closely monitored and explore. But after all this was ... what happened to John ... you had previously cared for more patients, which is terrible happened, but John ... John ... that with this Respect, they will react rather as a mother and not as a therapist. "
" This is quite understandable that she is his mother ... "said Carson.
"... as I'm concerned they will learn anything anyway, I have promised you. But I'm still thinking about you and John. If I may give you some advice ... I do not know what exactly happened between you, is it me anything, but you should soon work up some things. Maybe not with respect to Kolya and all this, but ... it would be better for all souls and nerves. These feelings you have, as I said no physical reasons, but it is not to overlook the fact that you care and you lot is up to John. Talk to him, speak out, you clarify the misunderstandings and conflicts, and above all ... you will accept. No matter what it is ... John is a good man, a better soldier and pilot. His heart is in the right place and you can really be proud of him. "
" That's me, doctor, and that's the problem. I am not a man of many words and more profound, "admitted Patrick. Carson smiled
understanding.
"Well, maybe it's time for some changes. It may perhaps be difficult, but it depends intended no harm to look at things from an entirely different angle. "
" Where do you mention it now ... "said Patrick, and wanted the conversation back to another draw.
"... Could it be that my vision was somehow improved or restored? In the past I can hardly do a step without my glasses. Have hardly had with her. In most cases I do not need them anymore or it bothers me too much. "
" That can be good. If you agree, we can take a vision test and give you a pair of glasses that matches your current vision. When it is necessary at all. "
" They also make eye tests? ", It was surprised by Dave, who previously was rather quiet in the background and once again looked to the infirmary.
"Of course. Dr. Keller has not said anything? There is nothing that we can not do. At least in terms of research methods. I lean times far out the window and say that this is the most modern hospital in two galaxies. Since an eye test is not a problem, especially since we have a lot of pilots here who have to constantly examine their vision, among other things. Just ask John. "
" I suspect that John, in most cases does not land because of his eyes here, "Sheppard replied senior, but Carson left it at a rather slow smile . He had already said too much and shown. This time the two men would have to accept that he had complied with the secrecy.
"For that he is always the one who goes first cause. But Dr. McKay should look. There were times when he was here almost every day, because of some little thing. But John has it pretty well under control and besides, he is now more for Jennifer, as about something indefinable, "Carson laughed.
"Really? He and Dr. Keller has been lost? "
" Oh yes, hard to believe, right? "

It did not take long for the casual chat between the physician and the two businessmen.
"Kids"
"Rick? What are you doing here? Is everything all right? ", Carol asked anxiously, as she walked with John, the anti-nuclear and Woolsey, the hospital and saw her husband.
"But yes, I'm fine. I just wanted to know me, what about my general health. That's all, "he reassured her and stood up from the couch.
"Yes, but ... You have been investigated but in the Stargate-Center."
"Yeah ... but .. well, you see, here it is much more accurate. I just wanted to know me, where I stand. You know, with my heart and my eyes and all ... but do not worry. It's all in the best Order. I'm doing great. Is not it, Doctor? "Said Patrick finally turned to Carson, who could only agree.
"fiddle with the heart of a bull ..." agreed Carson.
"... and if he continues to get enough fresh air, regular exercise and healthy eating neglected and the stress level a bit lower, it will remain for quite a while."
"Oh, you can rely on, Doctor. I'll worry about already, that he remains healthy, "said Carol, and pressed in the short to the arm of her husband.
"And what about you? Why are you here? Has something happened? "
" No, no. Not with me. But there is something wrong with the Commander of order. Which we wanted to pursue. "
" We have? "
" John asked me for help. As it stands, it has developed very special skills, but can not really deal with them. "

Patrick nodded, but his eyes remained more focused on John. Without noticing this, he eyed him very well, trying to find some clue, a visible outer Sign of his captivity and torture by Kolya at that creature. He tried to read in his face, his eyes. Although he saw some fatigue and tension in his eyes, but he knew him well enough to recognize it as typical of the defensive wall. He did say absolutely nothing. Patrick had not recently learned the truth, he would probably even think anything of it. But his mind was still at the pictures he had seen and he wondered if John was not yet felt for one or the other implication of this meeting in any way.
him would be to address, however, be not a good idea. He would deny it and it came back to the dispute between the two. Apart from the trust to Carson Beckett would be gone.

"It will not be long, Alexa. Let yourself examined by your mother and then ... we can talk in peace, "said Tristanius as he led his daughter to the scanner.
But Alexa was restless and wanted as quickly as possible away.
"Can I ... can we not make some other time? I have so much ... "
" No! This is now done. You know, it only takes a few minutes. So, you lie down, we are ready immediately, "asked Elisha waited a bit more energetic, from shortly before her daughter ACTING the call and activated the medical scanner.
"Alexa .... ... Please keep quiet," warned Elisha, as Alexa is still restless struggling.
"... we have the same ... I have thought of that I almost ... the synaptic activity is now at fourteen percent."

"Is that bad?" Whispered his wife to Patrick .
"Man uses on average more than ten percent of the entire brain. This could explain their ability to sense the feelings of others. The only question is whether we can do something about it. "
" As it looks, probably not. The activity increases. While not on a regular basis, but it is rising and therefore apply the skills, "said Elisha, when they learned the talk of the Sheppards.
"Then she rises," asked John surprised and concerned at the same time.
Elisha was at a loss and yet they looked for an explanation.
"I do not know. I think not. But ... until I found something that she takes the attacks and help her, it probably will take something. I'm sorry, but in the meantime you'll just have to learn to deal with it. "
" No, I can not ... I do not want that, "shouted Alexa and jumped off the couch and tried their Father avoid.
But with every moment she seemed to get worse and increased their rage.
"Make that the stops Ma. "
" Alexa, calm you. I can not do anything at the moment and it will take some time before I find something. "
" No ... no, I can not wait. You do not know what that is! Ma ... please, "she implored, while tears formed in her eyes.
"Honey, I'm doing everything I can, but that's not so fast ..."
But Alexa was not calm down. Instead, she grabbed the small table next to a hospital bed and pushed it to angry, so it only rattled and rattled and a few tools and utensils were distributed across the floor. Shocked the audience winced.
"No ... Make it stop, mother! Buy it! "
" Alexa !...", Tristanius cried. "... Pull yourself together!"
"it feels," argued John.
"What?"
"Dorian! He is in the isolation area and is very close. She feels she can feel his feelings, his anger. Exactly that's probably expired in the workshop. We should get them away from here, then it is perhaps a little less difficult for them and we get better up to her, "suggested John.
Tristanius looked helplessly at his wife, who could only agree.
Tristan, perhaps it would be better if you take care of Alexa. I stay at Dorian, keep him in mind and looking for something that helps her. "
" Yeah, well. Alexa ... come with me. We go a few levels down further, then you will get better. "
But Alexa did not respond. She took neither her father nor her mother, or anyone else present the true right. Instead, it seemed once again to find a path that would result from this terminal.
"Alexa Alexa ..." cried the General, they again and again, but her only reaction was to lean back against the rear wall and slowly slip from her to the ground.
"Oh not again," came from Carol while John swore.
"Damn!"
"What? What about her? ", Demanded to know Tristanius.
"It was then another. Just before you came to the jumper bay. I'm not sure but I suspect that the many emotions that they just receives their nervous system overload anyway. It may be a kind of protective function of the brain. The many feelings and impressions are dismayed, it solidifies normal. "
" But that's ... You must be mistaken. "
" No, I'm almost certain. On Earth, there is something similar. It's called a stupor. Intense emotional reactions can cause such a thing. It is also said rigid with shock. We must ensure that it comes back to himself. "
And how? What have you done with her in the landing bay? "
"John has been able to bring them back ...."
"This may well have been random, Mom"
"It does not matter now, John. Just try again. Maybe it will work again. "
Worried, he knelt down beside the General, watching his daughter exactly what John did.

"Alexa, you hear me? Now do not again such stupid things. Come back to himself, "John said to her, as he bent down to her.
Tristanius looked back searchingly to his wife, who fully trust them this time nod.
"Alexa"
Again he touched her and forced her to look up again and to fix their gaze.
"John?"
Again, she had found this incredible peace and security. The chaos in their head and their bowels let go spontaneously, and let them feel better.
"They were passed out again ..." he replied to her gasping terrors.
"... we should get them away here. Come on. "
" No, I ... I am fine. I ... I think I'm clear. There ... I think I can handle it so slow. "
" Well I do not know. It looked just very different. There's no way to beam to each time when something is. They must learn to properly use it. We bring them further away from here. If necessary, the south pier at the edge of the city and then we see that they get proper control of it, "said John, and helped her to stand up again. But she hesitated briefly and threatened to sag in the knees. John dashed out again to hold her, but her father John was faster and had no room, closer to her again to come.

"No, not now. Dorian ... he needs me. I can not now leave him alone. "
" Alexa, do you see yourself that it bothers you hard if you come only been near it. He applied and still very angry and can not think clearly. If you go to him, did not you help yourself and certainly not. I think it's better if you stay as far away as possible from him. At least until he is better and you have your skills under control. I'll take care of Dorian and still keep on searching for a way to help you. I promise you, "said Elisha forcefully towards her, and tried to convince them.
"But ..."
"Alexa, I want you to now go with your father to the cafeteria. You have eaten nothing today and go even in the knee. Then Misses Sheppard and Colonel Sheppard will want to talk to you. They could help you to gain control over your empathy. "
After her father, John and Carol persuaded them, was to Alexa and left with the three, the infirmary.
Patrick and Dave decided to join the others and also something to eat.

"So, how do you proceed? What exactly did you do? Why do you think you can help my daughter? "Of the Ancients General wanted to know, as he sat with the Sheppards and his daughter at a larger table and the food was almost finished.

John found it a happy state, that the cafeteria at the moment so little visited. It was with his own family and people around him enough to Alexa. But they seemed to come back to be a calming effect, so it seemed to identify the company nothing.

"To be honest ... I'm not even sure if I can help at all. John has asked me to. But I would like to try. However, I would take first as much information as possible about these skills, but above all about the biological and medical aspects of your people, the operation and the chemical composition of your brain chemistry and much more. Maybe I can your daughter with relaxation and concentration exercises help a bit. After that, I might even try to develop techniques and exercises to help her this empathy deliberately to control and direct. But most importantly, to ensure that you do not fall back into this apathetic state. What do you say, Commander? Let's try it at least. Her mother and the other doctors will sooner or later surely find something that you can even take the pain over time. But until then we could at least gain control. That makes things easier for you, trust me, "said Carol, when she finally turned right on Alexa.
But this seemed undecided, looking for advice to her father by his side, thinking.

"If it helps you anyway, my wife is a very prestigious and successful psychotherapist. She has been able to help many people with different problems ... "
" Patrick ... that was earlier times. You should know that I ... well, it's about twenty years ago. Therefore, I will still have to talk first with the local psychologists, to bring me up to date. "
" Why were you so long since worked as a psychologist? "Tristanius asked curiously.
"I ... I ... was dead ... "
" Moved up! "John corrected his mother. "I'm Moved up ?!... never met an Ascended"
marveled Tristanius.
"We were sent back again. Apparently, we have probably done something that was not allowed and we were a few days ago suddenly in our kitchen and have Dave frightened to death. "
" I survived it, but Mom that I will not forget so quickly, "Dave said with a bewildered shake of the head as he returned remembered. John also raised his eyebrows and glanced compassionately at his brother.
"The rise is for many of our people highly desirable, but few have given before. You must tell me on the occasion of your experience, "asked Tristanius, while John was surprised that this is obviously better understood with his mother than with him. But it could be just right. Maybe this would be another way to approach the man and get to know him better.
"I would like to do as soon as I remember. It's still all a bit new ... and confusing for us, but Dr. Jackson said that we would remember soon to one or other details. As far as I know he has reached the climb. Even twice, is not it, darling? "Carol turned to her husband, who could only nod as he was not finished with chew.
"Really? Well, I hope I can also talk with Dr. Jackson, "said Tristanius demanding and looked to John.
"I would like to speak to him, General."
Well, back to you, Alexa. You have eaten nothing. Eat at least a few bites and then let us know how you decided. Maybe you can Misses Sheppard really help. "

Alexa did not even occur to an answer when an alarm was heard throughout Atlantis.
"What is it?" Patrick wanted to know.
"That sounds like the self-destruction", it came from Tristanius.
"McKay, what's going on? Why the self-destruction? "John asked on his radio.
"Do not panic, self-destruction has not been initialized. It is only the alert and obviously a false alarm ... but ... oh no. You'd better come to the control room! "
" You stay here, do not worry. McKay probably just messing around again on the sensors, "he tried to calm his family before he was to Alexa and the General was on his way.

"What's wrong?" John asked as he arrived in the control room.
are "attacked us? Colonel, I thought the Wraith base had been destroyed? "Woolsey asked, slightly panicked.
"Is it too. Alexa has hunted all twelve drones pure. "
" It are not the Wraith, "said McKay.
"Do you remember our encounter with this ... energy-eating cloud, as we then searched the Commander and I have communicated to you in the end that I have neukalibriert the remote units of the city extra to find out if and when this thing comes into our system? "
" Oh no, no, no, no, please do not say it, McKay, Alex pleaded.
"It's coming. She's going the limit to our system and is heading for us. "


tbc ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment